Theoretical Ecology Research Group（CHINESE）
Principle Investigator：Yi Tao, Ph.D, Professor
Dr. Ling Ling Deng, Assistant Professor in Evolutionary and Behavior Ecology.
Dr. Ting Ji, Assistant Professor in Evolutionary and Behavior Ecology
Cong Li, Research Assistant in Theoretical Evolutionary Biology
Jia-Jia Wu, Ph.D Student in Evolutionary and Behavior Ecology
Xiu-Deng Zheng, Ph.D Student in Theoretical and Computational Biology
Qiao-Qiao He, Master Student in Evolutionary and Behavior Ecology
Bai-Hua Wang, Master Student in Theoretical Biology
Jia-Hua Zhang, Master Student in Theoretical Evolutionary Biology
Evolutionary Game Theory, Behavior Ecology, and Computational Biology (stochastic dynamics of gene expression).
Dr. Ross Cressman, Professor in mathematics and theoretical evolutionary biology, Department of Mathematics, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON. Canada.
Dr. Sabin Lessard, Professor in mathematics and theoretical evolutionary biology, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Montreal, Montreal, HQ. Canada.
- Zhang B-Y., Li C., Cressman R. and Tao Y. (2009) Diffusion approximation of stochastic evolutionary game dynamics in finite population (in preparing).
- Zhang B-Y., Cressman R. and Tao Y. (2009) Cooperation and Stability through periodic impulses, submitted to PLoS ONE (under review).
- Zhang B-Y., Wang S-C. Cressman R. and Tao Y. (2009) Periodic impulses and frequency-dependent selection: A one-locus, two-allele and two-phenotype model, submitted to J. Theor. Biol. (under review).
- Wu J-J., Zhang B-Y., Zhou Z-X., He Q-Q., Zheng X-D., Cressman R. and Tao Y. (2009) Costly punishment does not always increase cooperation, Proc. Natal. Acad. Sci. USA (in press).
- Zheng, X. and Tao, Y. (2008) Effects of bidirectional regulation on noises in gene networks, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. (in press).
- Zhan X-J., Zheng X-D., Bruford M., Wei F-W. and Tao Y. (2009) A new method for quantifying genotyping errors for noninvasive studies, Conservational Genetics, DOI 10.1007/s10592-009-9950-9.
- Zhan X-J., Tao Y., Li M., Zhang Z-J., Goossens B., Chen Y-P., and Wang H-J., Bruford M. and Wei F-W. (2009) Accurate population size estimates are vital parameters for conserving the giant panda, Ursus, 20, 56-62.
- Ji T., Zhang B-Y., Sun Y-H. and Tao, Y. (2009) Evolutionary dynamics of fearfulness and boldness, J. Theor. Biol. 256, 637-643.
- Tao Y., Cressman R., Zhang B-Y. and Zheng X-D. (2008) Stochastic fluctuations in frequency-dependent selection: A one-locus and two-phenotype model, Theor. Popul. Biol. 74, 263-272.
- Wang S-C., Zhang B-Y., Li Z-Q., Cressman R. and Tao Y. (2008) Evolutionary game dynamics with impulsive effects, J. Theor. Biol. 254, 384-389.
- Zheng X-D. and Tao Y. (2008) Additivity of noise in a protein cascade, J. Chem. Physics, 128, 165104
- Wei Y-H., Liu Y. Wang J., Tao Y. and Dai, J-Y. (2008) Toxicogenomic analysis of the hepatic effects of perfluorooctanoic acid on rare minnows (Gobiocypris rarus), Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 226, 285-279.
- Tao Y. and Cressman R. (2007) Stochastic fluctuations through intrinsic noise in evolutionary game dynamics, Bull. Math. Biol. 69, 1377-1399.
- Tao Y., Zeng X-D. and Sun Y-H. (2007) Effects of feedback regulation on stochastic gene expression, J. Theor. Biol. 247, 827-836.
- Zhang B-Y., Zhang Z-B., Li Z-Q., Tao Y. (2007) Stability analysis of a two-species model with transitions between population interactions, J. Theor. Biol. 248, 145-153.
- Zhang Z-B., Tao Y. and Li Z-Q. (2007) Factors affecting hare-lynx dynamics in the classic time series of the Hudson Bay Company, Canada, Climate Research, 34, 83-89.
- Zhang Z-B., Li Z-Q., Tao Y., Chen M., Wen X., Xu L., Tian H. and Stenseth N.C. (2007) Relationship between increase rate of human plague in China, Integrative Zoology, 2, 144-153.
- Xu B-L. and Tao Y. (2006) External noise and feedback regulation: Steady-state statistics of auto-regulatory genetic network, J. Theor. Biol. 243, 214-221.
- Tao Y., Jia Y. and Dewey T. G. (2005) Stochastic fluctuations in gene expression far from equilibrium: -expansion and linear noise approximation, J. Chem. Phys. 122,124108.
- Tao Y. (2004) Intrinsic noise, gene regulation and steady-state statistics in a two-gene network, J. Theor. Biol. 231, 563-568.
- Tao Y. (2004). Intrinsic and external noise in an auto-regulatory genetic network, J. Theor. Biol. 229, 147-156.
- Tao Y. and Lessard S. (2002). Frequency-dependent selection in sexual family-structured populations, J. Theor. Biol. 217, 525-534.
- Tao Y. and Lessard S. (2000). Fundamental theorem of natural selection and frequency-dependent selection: Analysis of the matrix game diploid model, J. Theor. Biol., 206, 17-25.
- Tao Y., Lessard S. and Lemire M. (2000). Evolutionarily stable strategy in sex- and frequency-dependent selection model, J. Theor. Biol. 204, 191-200.
- Cressman R. and Tao Y. (2000) The discrete-time two-species ESS concept, Selection, 1-3, 23-32.
- Lemire M., Lessard S. and Tao Y. (2000). Evolutionary stability in two-sex two-locus models, Selection, 1-3, 193-203.
- Tao Y., Cressman R. and Brooks B. (1999). Nonlinear frequency-dependent selection at a single locus with two alleles and two phenotypes, J. Math. Biol. 39, 283-308.
- Tao Y. (1998). Frequency-dependent selection: a two-phenotype, two-allele, single-locus, two-species diploid model, J. Theor. Biol. 191, 289-294.
- Tao Y., Yang Q-S., Jiang Z-G. and Wang Z-W. (1997). Evolutionarily stable strategy, stable state, periodic cycle and chaos in a simple discrete time two-phenotype model, J. Theor. Biol. 188, 21-27.
- Tao Y. and Wang Z-W. (1997). Effect of time delay and evolutionarily stable strategy, J.Theor. Biol. 187, 111-116.
- Liebovitch L.S., Tao Y., Todorov A.T. and Levine L. (1996). Is there an error correcting code in the base sequence in DNA? Biophys. J., 71, 1539-1544.
- Tao Y. and Wang Z-W. (1995). Frequency- and Density-dependent selection in the diploid population with only two pure strategies, J. Theor. Biol. 176, 317-323.
- Tao Y. and Wang Z-W. (1994). The necessary and sufficient conditions of density-dependent evolutionary stable strategy (DDESS) in the two phenotype model, J. Theor. Biol., 167, 257-262.
- Tao Y. and Zhao S-L. (1992) Resource-dependent selection, J. Theor. Biol. 159, 387-395.